Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Vegas Baby

I was excited to hear about Randi Miller, the new 'voice of Metro,' but I had no idea she would be accompanied by such clatter. It is bearable, at first, but when some inconsiderate chick blocks the door for her slow walking friends to get off the escalator and the door bing bing bing bings like a Vegas slot machine, I want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. Why must I listen to this madness on the way to work. The intention, I am sure, is to broadcast an annoying sound to stop people from blocking the door. It might occasionally deter a tourist (who is most likely afraid of the door anyway) but seasoned Metro door holding abusers know the noise is just that. The passive paper reading business commuters the only ones really affected.


It was nice to deposit the CarMax check this AM! Only a tinge of guilt for abandoning my baby Benz.

No comments: