Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wild Thing #2

Not sure why I'm thinking about him today. Perhaps it is all the immigration debate in the media. Perhaps it is because I miss him. I'll never forget meeting him standing in the dimly lit smoking courtyard of that questionable dance club. A Brazilian Beauty so hot that I was intimidated to ask for a light. Mine had been confiscated on the plane and in my rush to the hotel and then to the club for a quick drink before last call, I had painfully gone without a cigarette for many hours. The pleasant rush of a cigarette on the mind and the pleasant flutter on my heart (well truthfully first a flutter in my pants) when he told me he'd been staring me down since I had walked in and instantly admitted his intimidation of my looks.

What a line, eh? I would agree if the encounter ended in some passionate crazy and brief encounter, but it didn't. Instead it ended in a weekend of intense conversation and childlike flirting. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since that weekend. A few periodic emails (the last a month ago today) are all I have.

He moved from the West Coast to Boston. I was there on business and was literally in the airport coming home when I got the email that he was there. I almost left the airport to run through the snow covered city to find him, but that would have been foolish. Besides, I'm happy in this current life.

I miss him. One tear.

No comments: