Monday, May 08, 2006

The Cowboy

I was watching the Logo channel yesterday. This is MTV's rendition of GLBT television. I met some of the original creators at a leadership conference a few years ago. I am pleasantly surprised how much I like the network. While they have limited content, much of it is great. There is an acceptable mix of classic gay camp and socially significant programming. Not to mention enough Subaru commercials to take over the world. My favorite are their short movies and the ability tob view the ones I like over and over on their website logoonline.com . I digress...So my point...they play videos between shows and yesterday they played Willie Nelson's new (from February) video of his song titled, "Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly (Fond of Each Other)". What a powerful song from the soul of country music. I immediately purchased it from i-Tunes and downloaded to my i-Pod.
It's quite funny to hear good ole Willie say"...when you talk to a cowboy don't treat him like he was a sister. You can't f**k with the lady that's sleeping in each cowboy's head."

And the funniest part is Burt Reynolds trying to get the flaming two-steppers to dance some more at the end of the video. Priceless. I feel like pulling out the big hat and boots and saddling up to the bar at Remington's to watch the cowboys dance. I wonder whatever happened to Cody after he quit working there.

So that whole Willie thing made me smile but the fact I have to wait 6 minutes for the Greenline does not amuse me. I must get home and to bed because I have the gym at 6:15 tomorrow. Was a long day at work.

I only wanted a smokey treat once today and sucessfully resisted! Working on my 9th day now. You think you rock? No, IROC. Smiles

Train is boarding.

No comments: