Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Smell of Love

It isn't what you think. Actually, Dags has been MIA and her lovely boyfriend, Mary, sent her a bouquet of Valentines flowers. She's been hiding in his suburban love nest this week. I thought I'd post a pic so she can see what she is missing. They smell amazing. I can't tell you what the card says (you'd gag) but I can tell you it is super dreamy sweet. (sigh)


This gives me another opportunity to bash flowers.com. Dag's flowers were supposed to be delivered on Saturday, when she was home; they came two days late. Last fall, I ordered funeral flowers and they were not delivered. I had to escalate to a supervisor to get my money back because they couldn't understand why I wouldn't accept late delivery FOR A FUNERAL. Hello, unless they were able to send them directly to Jesus' address, I think it was a little late.

Timmy and I aren't doing flowers or dinner this year. Instead we are going shoe shopping on Valentines Day! If there's a good deal, I may buy a new camera since my beloved Canon is having technical difficulties. Perhaps it has something to do with the gazillion pictures I take.

3 comments:

chimney fall cat said...

The roses are beautiful...glad someone is enjoying them. BTW
www.proflowers.com is the best...quit using www.ftd.com and www.flowers.com for the same reason Jay gave. Proflowers even replaced a plant I sent because it was wilted and almost dead...the recipient was able to call herself and no questions asked they overnighted her a new one. Love the company.

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

roses are red, violets are blue, all my base, are belong to you

BigTDog said...

I've had no problems with 1800Flowers.com -- delivery always happens right when I schedule it.