Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving Bitches!
For the two people who actually read insidethedistrict and the one concerned; I am alive. I broke my phone in Philly last week and wasn't able to mobile blog. Unfortunately, I've been so buried with recovery, work, & life that I haven't had time to write. Please tell me why I feel compelled to catch up at this hour? Ugh...insomnia sucks.


There were essentially two choices for a holiday blog photo. The one selected shows where I'd like to be seated with my happy friends. The other was NSFW but makes me laugh hysterically. In reality, I'll be seated at a table of family members. I love most of them, but found out yesterday about some new family drama. I am wholly pissed off and I have a feeling it will be fuxed up Thanksgiving. I can't understand why people let their personal pride get in the way of common sense. As Jeffrey would say, "Just throw some money at the problem." I'm fairly certain it will take a village of people throwing money to solve this one. To top it off...my baby has a "sinus infection" and probably won't see me this week. She'll surely be daddy's girl as we get closer to Christmas and she starts positioning herself for holiday gifts. I might have fallen for that trick last year, but just wait till you see what I have planned for the princess this holiday season.


Since the last post, we had a rockin' good time at the Madonna concert. Squirrely and I were completely satisfied since it was our virgin experience. RJ & Javier were less pleased. Having seen 8 & 10 previous concerts respectively, they thought she wasn't "on." Considering her divorce was finalized in London only a few hours after the concert, I imagine she was pre-occupied. I, however, would have been perfectly happy if she stood up and sang acapella for 20 minutes in a moomoo. It's Madonna for Christ's sake.


You'll have to ask RJ about the pine chip potpourri experience and his new tattooed friend who plans to make a DC pilgrimage for the Dec. 6 Loretta Lynn concert. Yes, she's still alive; I checked. Most surprising, according to Wikipedia, is the fact Rolling Stone named her 2004 Alternative Rock album 2nd best of the year in some category. She was 70 when it was released. Alternative Rock? I might have to pony up the cash and go see this 74 year old train wreck.

Never a dull moment on a trip with my friends! We awoke Friday in time for some shopping and a fabu lunch at Continental Midtown. Cynthia collected us and took us to Phoenixville. A trip highlight occurred at MZ's house. We had a drink(s) and read to each other from the Tucker Max book, I hope They Serve Beer In Hell. We about pissed our pants laughing and then hit the village for some viddles and a rockin' good time. I have no idea what hour we went to bed, but RJ, MZ, & Squirrely were having a Cher sing-a-long and we could hear them loud and clear from the guest room three floors up. One thing for sure, we'll bring group reading back.

Thanks to Javi for sending this photo from the concert. I was so naked without a camera phone.

3 comments:

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

I read your blog and I am concerned. Just remember that old expression, especially relevant today: "Don't let the turkeys get you down."

Vergie Bridges said...

fyi. I love us, but your friends don't look THAT good.

Vespa Jay said...

I think all y'all are cute