Tuesday, November 04, 2008

WE DID IT!


Barack Obama will be our next President!

Unfortunately, we had to leave our election party early. This, however, permitted us to walk through hundreds if not thousands of people gathering at 14th / U in NW DC. We walked in the door just in time to turn on CNN and see their official prediction. The noise is unbelievable as people begin to pour into the streets. I've never seen such screaming and excitement; black, white, brown, young, old, rich, and poor, all rejoicing together. I didn't have a camera while walking, but this picture was taken of the crowd gathering at 11th / U in front of Bohemian Caverns.

It is a beautiful day - I am proud to be an American!

Now I have to figure out how to block out the noise and go to sleep so I can make my early flight - who scheduled a business trip on the day after this election?

2 comments:

BoSox Siobhan said...

For the first time in a long time, I am truly proud of our country.

Vespa Jay said...

This picture barely even represents what happened over the next 5 hours...check out DC Special Friends for the video!