Sunday, November 09, 2008

100 beers

I didn't have any beers last night, but did manage to get to a place on the interweb previously undiscovered. I found a bar in Manila that boasts 100 beers. I am guessing that Bosox Siobhan would not be able to enjoy a single one of them...considering who works there.

I'm a little depressed this morning because I missed the Obama party train. With the work duties and efforts to stop my body's downward physical spiral, all I've done is work, travel, run, go to the gym, and sleep this week. On Friday morning, my new trainer, Jarrick, encouraged me to stretch my tense body while watching TV and relaxing at home. This reminded me of the two weeks worth of shows DVR'd. When do I get to relax? My trainer of 3.5 years, Erwyn, has abandoned me. With his full time work as a firefighter and a baby on the way, he's scaling back his hours to spend more time at home. Unfortunately with both of our crazy schedules, a new trainer was the only way to ensure I would get my sessions in. Due to my required flexibility, I am left with a 22 year old trainer. I didn't mind paying so much for Erwyn with his extreme body, his extensive education, and his historic results. I'm apprehensive about paying the same price for a newbie. I'll give him a few weeks and evaluate the situation.

Speaking of babies, Julia is due today!

By Friday evening, all my peeps were partied out from a week of celebration and nobody was left to mark the occasion with me. I couldn't even find anyone for a day of beauty and shopping on Saturday. I was forced to go for the wax, the manicure, and the pedicure all alone. These things are excessive, but they were well deserved after such a harried week. I miss last summer when this was a biweekly description of Saturday - we all have to sacrifice under these economic conditions. I never made it out to shop and lounged away my afternoon on the sofa with intermittent napping. When people did surface late in the evening, I had no energy to motivate.

My sleep was interrupted by several dreams last night. Erica was still dead, but was present in one of them. Everyone could physically see her and she was trying to figure out how to leave the living and move on. Erica rambled on about the stupidity of the political situation we are in and counseled me that the Obama administration will only work if everyone believes in him. While she didn't say this was impossible, her body language and delivery didn't give me much confidence. I could always read her. I wish I could remember exactly what she said because it made so much sense in the dream; it was as if she delivered the solution. If Erica was still alive, I have to believe she would be very passionate about where our country is going. The most significant thing about the dream was touching her. She was so cold and I was so sad that she was trapped. I hope that is not her reality.

Since I've been up for nearly 3 hours, I guess it is OK to brew up a Bloody Mary. It is time for my own celebration (perhaps a little self medication) and I'm not waiting around for the rest of the world to wake up.

No comments: