Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I guess I might die now?

If you've read Sister Disco's blog, you know she is spending Mondays cooking her meals for the week. I too have been watching my intake, but have done it the easy/lazy way. For the last several weeks I have taken a pilgrimage to Harris Teeter and purchased 'healthy' microwave meals every Monday to stock my work freezer for the week. When I say healthy, that is comparing these entrees to the other choices near my office: Chevy's, Arbys, McDonalds, Chipolte, Big Buns, Sbarro, etc.

Here's why this may have been a bad idea and why I may die. I purchased the Lean Cuisine, Mediterranean Chicken last week. It was delicious. While sitting in the airport, waiting to board my plane for a business trip, I got a phone call from Harris Teeter today advising me that my Very Important Customer Card (VIC) shows I purchased this recalled item and that I should return it immediately for a refund.

What does one do if it is already consumed? Will the 'blue plastic' contamination kill me? What now? I guess Sister's method is better. I am not sure how I feel about this information in general. I guess I should appreciate big brother's call? Time to fly.

1 comment:

BoSox Siobhan said...

Don't die!