Friday, November 28, 2008

I Survived Thanksgiving Dinner


Baby Lisa cooked a delicious breakfast and I laid around watching the parade. It took some effort, but I finally left for Grandma T's at around 1:30. We were supposed to eat at one, but I know my family. I arrived around 2:00 and was followed by several other families. I believe it was nearly 3:00 before the prayer. I made my Grandma Hazel's peanut butter bars and they were a hit. It is unbelievable how a simple recipe can bring back so many memories and put tears in people's eyes. Those fond memories are such a critical part of the Thanksgiving spirit.

Fortunately (for my sake,) the family drama was swept under the rug and we had a great day. My baby girl wouldn't respond to text messages, but surprised me by showing up in the early evening. She stayed several hours and posed for this four generation picture with my Mom and Grandma! It's so unpredictable with a teenager. I overheard her describing herself as nearly 15; she's only been 14 for five months. I can't judge - I wanted so hard to be 16 from the moment I became a teenager. I don't remember at what age it shifted the other way, but if the math is correct, I'm also nearly 15. Despite her sinus infection, Whitney enroute to spend the day with me before I head out tonight. I am thrilled!

Pittsburgh peeps...I'll see you tonight on the way back to the District!

No comments: