Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Support System?

Do you tell the entire world you want to quit? Will they offer support or will their own complacency with smoking or weakness make it worse? Will the pressure of public failure help achieve the goal?

Do you make it a private endeavor? The last time I quit for over a week before my boyfriend even noticed. That gave me willpower to do it on my own because nobody else even gives a damn about anything. I think I lasted over five months that time.

I am ready to forever quit. I will prematurely die of cancer, a heart attack, or stroke if I don't make a healthy choice now. It's in my genes. If I fail please display the body in a black suit with a black tie and a black shirt. Put a sign in the coffin that says, "smoking kills." My failure to be a good example to my daughter in life might leave a lasting impression in death so she never smokes. Let my ashes be a reminder.

No comments: