Saturday, May 13, 2006

Training Week 2

I intended to take a picture of all the peoples running, but I forgot. As I stood in the Metro at Waterfront-SEU, I decided that a picture of the inside of the station would at least prove I was there! Today's run was easy. We went two miles and I think I averaged about a 10 minute mile, but I also forgot to time myself exactly. I was doing easy 8 minute miles last fall so I certainly have some work to do. This week we did a random run. Next week we are timed to be placed in pace groups. I started with the first group and was at the head of the pack nearly the entire time. I was trying to keep up with Brian (later met him on the train) and this guy Ricky (his name according to Brian). They were a bit faster than I, but that's the kind of motivation I need to push myself. I really need to make some running buddy friends with them to keep my attitude in the right place. I don't think this is going to be difficult, but I do want to remain focused!

Other Random Stuff:
-Time to clean! Shanon M is coming to visit tonight. This will be her 5th or 6th trip to DC in the last year and a half that I've lived here. I do believe she wins the prize for most visits if there is a competition.
-The air went out again on the Mini - I am so over Mini of Sterling - I don't think they have a freakin' clue.
- The mini got a flat tire ... well it had a nail in it. Thank God for run-flat tires! I will never have regular tires again. It was only $22 to get it fixed.

No comments: