Saturday, May 20, 2006

Training Week 3

I'm officially in a pace group. Unfortunately it isn't the pace group that I want to be in with the eye candy, but better to be with an appropriate group for the best training. I went the wrong way up Pennsylvania Ave instead of staying on the North side of the mall so I probably could have gotten into a slightly faster group since I went a few minutes out of the way and then backtracked instead of cheating. Ultimately I ran 3 miles in 30:28 which is just over 10 minutes per mile. I was doing better last fall before taking the exercise hiatus. I'm fine with the group I'm in. Hopefully there will be some nice people to get to know because it is pretty boring running alone. We were supposed to hang out and elect a Pace Group Leader, but I had to get the Mini out for service (yes that damn place didn't fix the A/C the last time.)

I'm trying to pull up a group of people to go to the St. Sophia Greek Festival today, but my friends all seem to be busy, working, or out of town. I might just go myself if nobody else wants to go. Surely someone will come out of the woodwork.

Time for a shower - been in these running clothes far too long.

No comments: