Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bourgeois Bois

What a day Saturday was! I ended Cinco de Mayo with internal turmoil (as evidenced by Friday night's drama filled drunky post from the bar), awoke late on Saturday, but made it to Warrenton, VA to meet my friends for the Gold Cup. I was, of course, appropriately attired and bedazzled with my Tiffanys Bling and trendy gianormous sunglasses (which created an equally gianormous raccoon line from the sun). The races were delightful and if I can take a moment to figure it out, I might post a picture of the winning horse as it walked past me out of the paddock. The beauty of attending is the connection through one of my friends. His position allows him to share owner's passes with his friends and we get access to Member's Hill, the fancy-pants places, the rider's tent (complete with delicious treats & beverages) and we watch the finish line front and center along the fence. We freely walk in the paddock, along the pathway with the horses, and stand as close to the winner's circle as anyone can get without actually having the winning horse. It is quite fun and our friend's generosity is much appreciated. In addition, my surrogate Mother and Father come East to visit so it is very fun to see them as well. My friend who invites us, their biological son, is such a great guy. He generously opens his home for friends to come watch the Derby after the Gold Cup and then I zip back to the city. It is about an hour and a half drive without traffic. I should roll out their to see him more often. It would be a lovely Vespa ride on a weekend afternoon.

Had a few cocktails at the P-Rat last night when I got home then immediately crashed. I was exhausted after the long day. O-37 called...we didn't respond.

No comments: