Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Puerto Rican Gasolina


I caved and caught the last two episodes and the finale of "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila" last night. It was oddly addictive despite the fact that I generally despise that type of show. The media hype around it sucked me in. I'm glad she went with Bobby B in the end. I'd take him too, and am fairly certain he goes both ways. If not, he eventually will.

Regardless, all the drinking on the show made me thirsty and I thought a cocktail before bed might help me fight this insomnia. I scrounged around and found the packet of Gasolina that Hector gave me. This, my friends, is an alcoholic's Capri Sun. You peel off the top corner and a straw appears. Then you drink this potent concoction of rum, tequila, and fruit juice. I'm not gonna lie and say it tastes fantastic, but it did the trick. I think he said it is a popular 'grab and go' drink in convenient stores, gas stations, etc.

Now it's time to go to work. I'm finding it quite difficult to enjoy the workplace when my job is purely to motivate people I've just laid off and to fight customer fires. I need a challenge and these are not fun or challenging things. Perhaps I should pack a lunch with the remaining packet of Gasolina to make things interesting?

3 comments:

Vergie Bridges said...

an alcoholic's Capri Sun... Love that!! Wait. Gas Stations? I think there might be something wrong with booze and gas stations.

BoSox Siobhan said...

Ooh girl. The south is full of gas stations that sell booze. Or even better: drive through boozey joints.

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

please. T'ain't no "I love New York" - "2"