Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family Quilt

We safely arrived in Harrison, OH, the city just outside of Cincy where Timmy grew up. First stop, as always, was Skyline Chili for lunch with Mom & Dad. Peeps at home will be happy to know we actually remembered to purchase the canned chili to go. The next movie night will have some serious Cincy style dip!

The lovely photos you are viewing are a new part of our family history. Aunt Phyllis apparently decided to make a quilt for Butch & Cynthia. On it are squares for each of their children and grandchildren. Whitney and I even got one. I was impressed! It's not exactly something I'd have in my house, but God bless Mother Cynthia for loving it. Of course, it is too nice to use, so she's going to store it in the spare bedroom.

We'll spend the rest of the afternoon here and then head down to Kentucky where we'll be dining with Marnie & Ken at their new house! Well...new to us. They've been in it for several years, but we've been unable to squeeze in a visit with our limited trips to Cincy.

3 comments:

BoSox Siobhan said...

Friend. Do not hate on the more craft-based arts like quilts.
I have a baby quilt made by my (long-deceased) great-aunt. It remains one of my most treasured possessions and has been with me on 2 continents and 6 states.

Vergie Bridges said...

If you don't want that quilt, I'll gladly take it. The Lady Bridges all have a quilt in honor of our Grandmother from our parents. I'm happy to take on another.

I'll even trade you RJ's 1000 thread count sheet set for one.

Vespa Jay said...

I love the concept of the quilt and don't hate on quilts in general. I too have a trunk full of them from my grandmothers and great grandmothers. Should this piece ever come into our personal possession, we will cherish it.

...and if you're talking about RJ's sheets used by TW. Well...no thanks!