Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

We picked up Whitney this afternoon and went to my parent's house. With Mom laid up, (see below) we agreed to make dinner; Whitney will be with her Mom on Easter, so we celebrated tonight. Timmy made his famous beef Enchiladas with original Hottbeef.com meat. I made refried beans and sweat corn tomalito. Whitney baked and decorated a cake. We've never had a Mexican Easter Dinner so it was an adventure. When RJ didn't have a recipe I needed, I knew it best to call the most Mexican person I know. A big thanks to Sister Disco for having her Chevy's cookbook handy to quickly provide the Tomalito recipe. It was a giant hit!

Timmy was shocked that Rodhe's IGA Super Center had Masa. With all the illegal aliens working the farms around here, Rodhe's apparently has catered to their shopping needs. According to my daughter, "...they have more Mexican food items than the Super Wal-Mart. This is quite shocking." We closed the evening with a fun egg coloring session! Baby Lisa brought the eggs and supplies!

Here's a little pic of my Mom and her fancy purple cast. I think this may have been a life changing experience. While rummaging through her new refrigerator for the missing components of our recipes, I found a quite unusual pain killer. Keep in mind this is a holy household. I've heard my mother & father each curse once in my lifetime. I've never heard them have a serious argument with each other. These conservative Christians believe drinking, smoking, dancing, gambling, and basically anything, other than going to church, can be damaging to eternal life.

Yes friends, click the pic and you'll see my Mother's Christian fridge is home to a half empty bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfandel. I'm certain Dags wasn't there because it only cost $4.75 (regular price.) Would she even gargle with something of that caliber? I was afraid to ask so I assume Mom is just taking the edge off?

1 comment:

BoSox Siobhan said...

Hey! That's the same wine my Baptist mother likes to indulge in from time to time. Coincidence? I think not.