Tuesday, November 06, 2007

T Day Update!

After tearing at my heart, my baby girl called me after I went to bed. She let me know that she would, in fact, come stay with my family on Wednesday night and spend Thanksgiving with us as long as she could leave for a few hours to have lunch with her Grandma. Hardly an equal compromise when it is my holiday, but it is better than pure abandonment. I had already booked a flight home for Thursday afternoon thinking I wouldn't want to spend all weekend there without her. I hopped out of bed and changed my flights to accommodate her availability. I'm truly on a leash, but what can I do?

This video shows how I feel (of course my daughter is much younger.) Now I'm off to work!

1 comment:

A Special Friend said...

see, teenagers aren't always evil. (just most of the time!) I'm glad she came around.