Friday, November 23, 2007

Back to civilization


I could have slept for another hour. Concerns of snowy weather and BF shoppers blocking the roadways, I got up at 5:30, chatted with my Mom & Dad for awhile, and then headed to the airport. Much like the trip here, quick and uneventful. I was literally the only one in line for security. Hopefully the flight will be as painless. Unfortunately I have an hour and 40 minutes till it takes off.

I had a great time with my family, despite the discussions about politics, hunting, English as our national language, and assorted other things that made me cringe. Fortunately, Grandma's house is huge so I just changed rooms whenever the topic became too heated. I am, of course, outnumbered in thought at this family. Whitney had a nice visit, went to her Grandmother's for a few hours and then came back. She spent the majority of the evening playing with her cousins and visiting family. The pic above is my Mommy and my Grandma. Two of the many people in my family I give thanks for!

The pic below is my cousin Jenny. Fortunately she is not Amish, but sported her Halloween costume for a good family laugh. This is an authentic Amish outfit, diaper bag, etc., that my Aunt Lovina loaned her. She says it went over well in St. Louis! While the baby is a doll, she does have one in the oven (as my Dad would say.) I have two other cousins who are preggers as well. Crazy. My family needs to learn about population control.

No comments: