Saturday, December 06, 2008

Nurse Timmy

After 16 mos. of grueling pre-reqs, Timmy took his nursing school entrance exams a few weeks ago. You might recall this caused him to miss the Madonna concert. Yesterday he received an acceptance letter from the University for their RN program! I believe they only selected between 25-30 people for this program out of 90+ applicants that qualified for the test. This is an excellent accomplishment! Kudos to Timmy!!!!

Now, I have a suggested training video for him (NSFW / NSFS) but I'm sure he'll be too busy for that while he takes all those crazy medical classes that gross me out. And no RJ, this doesn't mean he can now write scripts. For the 19th time, even when he's finished with school, he will not be able to write your hall passes to the Wrong-Aid! You need a Dr. friend for that!

Speaking of Doctors...I may have to go back to mine. We tried to go out for a celebratory cocktail at the P-Rat last night. Timmy finished his single beer, but I could only get down about 20% of my cocktail. That cold dry air just tore up my lungs on the 2-1/2 block walk. My chest is now getting worse again and I just took my last anti-biotic. Uggh. I hate this.

BTW - in my search for today's graphic, I came across a picture of Dean Thorpe dressed as a nurse. The frightening things you find on a google image search....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that Timmy should be a Physician's assistant.......they can write scrips. One can never have too many friends with the nack for writing.................