Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I predict fun times with friends and family and will follow with a holiday road trip summary. I decided at the last minute not only to decorate, but also to throw a "Leftover Party" on Christmas day. We will be partying with the people "left over" in the city. Since our U Street trailer is so petite, it is best suited for gatherings of this size and most everyone I know has escaped, or will be going out of the District for the holiday.

So...this week:
  • I dined with friends at ThaiTanic on my day off (Wednesday.) I haven't previously been to this restaurant and found the food to be unbelievably delicious. The Bangcock Sunset was tasty too. We had an enjoyable discussion of the decor. RJ speculates the Angel dolls hanging from the ceiling represent the victims who went down with the ship...
  • The Prince of Petworth praised Solly's Tavern with a profile on my friend, the one and only John 'Solly' Solomon!
  • There was drama on 11th Street Tuesday morning; just a few blocks South of U Street, a gay man was shot and killed walking home from places where you might find many of my friends on any given night. Scary.
  • Last Saturday, while we peacefully cocktailed with peeps at Ulah Bistro, an 18 year old girl stabbed someone in the U Street Metro just a few steps away from us. This is yet another reason to keep underage people out of the bars...nice work Republic (formerly Republic Gardens) at bringing inexperienced and immature bar kids into my neighborhood.

No comments: