Friday, April 25, 2008

24 Hour Countdown

I will be lined up in corral 24 sporting # 24884 tomorrow morning at this time, ready to take off in the Country Music Marathon! in Nashville, Tennessee. I am a slow fat girl so my pace will probably be pathetic, but the objective is the finish...not the win! I'm stoked that my knee, while sore, has held up through this training. It just needs to get me 13.1 miles tomorrow morning in a hurry. It should take me between 2:24 - 2:37 total, but perhaps the adrenaline will allow me to finish faster. My original goal was 2:11, but I'm fairly certain that is unobtainable without injury.

If successful with this 1/2 marathon, I may look for a full marathon to work on next. The preparation process has proven to be quite a kick into healthy living. Don't worry RJ, I'll still have Rock Star benders with you, I'll just have a healthier body so we can squeeze more bars into our crawls! We'll beat Bar Crawls 214 and 327 with our eyes closed.

The marathon starts at 7, but will begin in waves so I may not start for quite awhile after that. If you're up and curious, click over the the website and click on the live results button (It's supposed to be there tomorrow) and see how I'm doing. The chip will register and publish my times at the 5k, 10k, 10 mile, and finish line.

If you're not awake, check back here or at TimmyCam during the day for potential mobile blogging opportunities ranging from me a) falling out, crying, and then drinking, b) finishing, crying, and then drinking, c) Timmy making arrangements for my body to be delivered back to DC for the funeral! I'm pushing for option B, but Timmy is probably checking the insurance policies before he makes his decision.

Time to pack, clean, and jump on a plane! Hopefully we'll see Dolly Pardon in Nashville! It is the Country Music Marathon after all.

No comments: