Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ham Sandwich

Morning peeps. I am sure everyone is still up in the bed, but I've once again ridden to work with Timmy and run back home. Today's adventure took me from Spring Valley to the Naval Observatory to Wisconsin Ave all the way down to M Street in Georgetown. I then ran across the city and back up to U Street for a total of 6.48 miles. My time was a somewhat dismal 11:52/mile. I had hoped it would be faster with all the downhills (click here and then click the elevation button at the bottom of the map to see what I mean) but I guess the grueling uphills that kicked my azz probably slowed me down.

This is my shortened recovery long run; the last one before next week's marathon! I found out that anyone interested can track my progress online during the actual marathon. I know...nobody cares, but just in case you do, I'll post the link and my info before the race. Two more short 3 mile runs this week and then it's game time! Woo Hoo!

I almost forgot the reference from this post title. This morning I woke up craving a cigarette and a ham sandwich. I decided both were bad, but the ham sandwich would be a better thing to cave in to (you know...protein and carbs before a run?) I made the mistake of using mustard. I had heartburn for the ENTIRE run this morning and kept tasting mustard every time I gagged. I will never eat a ham sandwich with mustard before running again. Now I'm going to take my fresh lungs out on the balcony for a smokey treat! I will quit...someday.

No comments: