Saturday, April 26, 2008

Race Day

Good Morning Chirrens!

Arrived safely in Nashville yesterday and got our luggage from old carousel #7...actually it was #3, but was decorated as the Jack Daniels carousel (just for Vergie I'm sure.) Tim & ML dropped me off at the Convention Center for the fitness expo and went to the Blue Genes bar to wait on me. I guess there weren't many slow runners because the line to final register for my coral was super fast. They barely had their first drink before I was calling for a ride. I walked down Music Row (or something like that) past all the old bars and studios while I waited...and waited to be picked up. Back to Blue Genes for a few more drinks (water for me) and then to Cool Springs for a carb loading dinner and off to bed we went by 10 PM.

We got up bright and early at 4:15 Central Time to shower and head into the city. Timmy is getting ready now and then we'll hopefully be headed out by 5:00 AM! Let's just say Cynthia is not amused and to top it off, is raining like crazy. I guess we'll have to stop and buy her an umbrella at the gas station.

ML has to work today so he won't be joining us as expected, but he did give us a lovely BMW 330 Convertible to drive for the weekend. His new house, by the way, magnificent. I don't have time to upload the pics and make a proper post, so mobile blogging later will have to do. Wish me luck - I'll blog from the lineup!

No comments: