Saturday, April 05, 2008

Kill The Goat


I have commented on this blog before. Coincidentally, her name is also Jay, and she previously dated a man named Jason. I found her one day looking for blogs on goats. I know...weird. The address for Jay's blog, "Kill The Goat," is saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com - I thought, Goats & Vodka? Sounds like the youth of someone I know. Regardless, I frequently enjoy her thoughts and her post from Saturday, "The Race Against Toronto," describes exactly how I feel about running. Here's an excerpt:

"I'm not a fast runner. I'm not a graceful runner. There is nothing easy or effortless about it. I am awkward, and panty, and my feet look funny in running shoes as opposed to high heels, but damn if I don't get some crazy satisfaction out of it anyway."

...well, sans the high heels part, I get what she is saying. I've spoken about how I love to run in the city, how it makes me feel alive and part of the world, etc. Kill the Goat puts it into perspective. While you're there, look at her site. You'll come across snipits of wisdom like, "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question; yes is the answer." Check it out!

I'm leaving now to run 9 miles!



1 comment:

BigTDog said...

The Hottbeef Goat can blog?

Does this mean it can harrass RJ on the internet too?