Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ran too far!



NOTE: The route above is out and back...I intended to rely on the mile markers to measure my distance today instead of mapping out a specific run. The mile markers on the crescent trail were missing (I think due to construction) below Georgetown so I used a bridge as my start/end point and Little Falls Parkway between Bethesda/Chevy Chase as my turnaround point. I thought it was about 12 miles based on my estimates.

I nearly died on the last half mile and my legs are in serious pain. To my surprise, when I got home and mapped my run (see above) I realized it was nearly 13 miles! In addition, I shaved time off, averaging 11:49 minutes per mile. While this is still fat girl slow, it is an improvement for me!

I've saved up all week and haven't been drinking since last weekend. Time to get my game on (after a nap of course.)

1 comment:

Randy said...

Ok Jamie Sommers, aka the bionic woman, nobody believes that is you in that picture.................