Thursday, September 28, 2006

Moving

We have moved to the Elysium. The room is nice and very large compared to many here. We were actually awake in time this morning to take breakfast at the hotel. We slept with the door open and were awakened by violent rain. Fortunately it is now sunny and beautiful again!

I am completely exhausted and need a nap, but we plan to go into the city to do some trinket shopping and to get a crepe. Last night we went to Katrinas and drank with Jody, Adelle, and Todd? from the UK. We then went to the piano bar where a lounge singer from the US was on the piano. She's going to get the words for my vaforite piano bar song, "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," and sing it for me if we go back. The drinks were quite expensive so I doubt we'll go again. It is one of those places where you feel obliged to stay because the exit is right by the entertainment.

After, we went through the standard routine and hit Bar Porta, Pieros, and Icarus. We were bloody pissed as the boys from the UK would say. We even had more shots of the red vodka; whatever that is. We should have eaten, but instead we had crepes at Katrinas. I went with Adelle to get them. They are made fresh and quite delicious. I must stop writing and go eat. The piece of bread, ham, and cheese, that they called breakfast was hardly enough to satisfy my tummy. Perhaps we should not have stayed out so late. After two nights in a row, we should be less religious and get to bed earlier.

No comments: