Saturday, September 23, 2006

Raining Men

7 AM, Gin, Raining Men, Called Catrina, Drunk (this is what my journal said - I translate below)

We arrived home at 7 AM. Elena has introduced us to many very wonderful people. We have had an enjoyable time. Last night we went out the Gazi which has several gay bars and clubs. Our friends got tired and bailed at a respectable time. We, however, partied on (shock). At the end of the night a familiar tune came on and the crowd went wild. When the words started coming out I realized they were singing, It's Raining Men, in GREEK. How funny. Tim and I about pissed our pants. Well we about did that anyway because the place was so packed we couldn't hardly get to the bathroom. It took us about an hour to find our way back to the hotel in the rain because we couldn't get a cab. The cab driver said the Monastiraki was too busy to get in and out of. Really...at 6 AM it was! We realized that it was only 11 PM in the US so we called Catrina. We got the voicemail and left a brief message. Unfortunately this cost me $42 on my credit card - oh drunky why no calling cards????

Time for bed!

No comments: