Saturday, September 23, 2006

Athens 101


I guess it didn't matter that the Greeks don't serve liquor with breakfast (bloodies/mimosas) because we didn't come alive until 1:30 when Elena showed up. She was so kind to go and purchase the electric converter we needed for this region. She also bough us beautiful bracelets with some sort of black string and aquamarine evil eyes. Mine was too tight so we stopped by Marios' store and he made me a new one. We went for coffee where I had my first frappe. This is really just Nescafe instant coffee whipped up. We then went to Kolonaki where all the fashionable shops are located. We ate at an Italian restaurant, La Pasteria. Unfortunately it rained all day. It is now six PM and we are getting ready to nap. Oh yes, we also went past the Library and the University. Beautiful buildings but I didn't get very good pics due to the rain. We continue to be amazed by the little tiny cars here in Greece. We purchased post cards which I'll write and send tomorrow. Time for a nap.

No comments: