Thursday, August 07, 2008

I have a job!

It is with great pleasure to announce I accepted a permanent position. As mentioned before, I am not permitted to blog about work in detail (normal HR policy) but I can say that it has been the most emotionally challenging career transition I've experienced. It started last September when I initially downsized my staff and culminated on Dec 13 when I received my official death sentence. As most of my friends know, from my incessant dramatization about the experience, I've worn many hats in the last 11 months. While closing my division and saying goodbye to many friends and colleagues, I've somehow managed to avoid my last last last last last last day.

I technically started my new role as a project about a month ago. Officially, Monday will be my first permanent day. While the compensation and titles are not where I thought I'd be at this point in my career, I am fortunate to have a permanent position and am in a great place to expand my resume. I'd rather weather this economic storm in a position with growth potential than by blowing through my savings and living on unemployment like so many others. For this I am truly greatful. Truthfully, I am really enjoying the new position and the experience will nicely balance out my resume. It may be the best thing that's ever happened?

1 comment:

BigTDog said...

...a lady of leisure no more...

Welcome back to the rat race!