Saturday, June 14, 2008

One of our own


There she be! I had to yell to Bosox Siobhan to turn around since i was busy looking at the Manhunt boys on one of the floats in front of her.

Edit: Here are some other pics from the parade. You might ask why I'm up so early. I had a dream about the Manhunt Boys (one of them pictured left.) Bad I know, but you dress up a bunch of hot men like savage hunters and it burns an image on your eyeball.






Here's the start of the parade. We didn't walk far enough forward to see all of the Dykes on Bikes, but we did watch the entire parade!




I couldn't help capturing this woman in the building. Had she been a little closer, I could have determined whether or not Tisha was spying on the parade and on us. This chick had the same mannerisms that we observed from a distance.

I do love a nice fern.











Click here to see "Queens at Rest" as Bosox Siobhan so elegantly put it. I had no idea she had previously blogged that post. I caught these same queens "in action."




Finally, besides the Obama Pride Marchers, which I found very personally moving, this was the most socially significant entry in the parade. I don't know his name or the details, but this peaceful activist was carrying a US Flag to show his patriotism and pulling a wagon filled with memorials to and personal items from soldiers KILLED in this war to demonstrate the human lives that have been lost. I wanted to help him push his cart all the way back to Washington, DC.

No comments: