Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My New Drug


Birthday Month Day 18
Smoke Free Day 22

Friends - I still owe a final summary of the last days in Boston as I wasn't a very effective mobile blogger on Monday or Tuesday. I will do that soon, but it is time to go public with my new drug.

I started Chantix approximately a month ago in hopes of quitting smoking before the dreaded thirty fifth birthday. Unlike my previous failed attempts, documented on the blog, I kept this one private. I wanted to make sure I could A) actually get through the birthday and B) make it through vacation without cheating. I am proud to say I have accomplished both with the assistance of my new drug.

Today starts the fourth week of non-smoking. I have successfully completed 21 smoke free days. After 30, I will consider myself a non-smoker, but I have many more weeks of wicked dreams and upset stomachs on these Chantix pills to keep me smoke free. It sucks, but it will be worth it.

No comments: