Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I have the baton!

Birthday Month Day 10
Birthday Week Day 3

I've received notification from Vergie that she has faithfully pushed through my three days of rehab and is ready to hand the baton back to me. I came back to DC yesterday morning, but spent the afternoon working, napping, and cleaning. I needed the third day of rest.

Today, however, I have just arrived home from work and the gym. Timmy is slaving away in the kitchen to prepare two of my favorite things for my "birthday dinner" since tomorrow is movie night and the actual birthday celebration will be a regularly scheduled event and not Districtcentric. We are having Skyline Chili Dogs and grilled vegetables. Yummy Delish. Considering I already have heartburn from another favorite, The Farmer's Market Veggie Quesadilla, from Chevy's for lunch with bastardized onion heavy pico de gallo due to the tomato salmonella outbreak, this may not be a great way to start a Tuesday Booseday, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

You probably think birthday month, birthday week, or even birthday celebrations for a man of a certain age are inappropriate. I want to send a shout out to some of my June Birthday Peeps. This list is just from my calendar and I'm sure it is incomplete:
Happy June Birthday to: Dana, Robin, Lisa, Mary, Tara, Casey, Angie, Brian, Peyton, Dalia, Lovina, Whitney, Anna, The District, Gary, Fabran, David, Kerry, Kevin, Grandma T, McKenzie, John, Kate, & Emma.
June IS a month to celebrate! However, since I will be of that certain age this year, my name should drop off the list to avoid the risk of any further aging.

No comments: