Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Funday Birthday Style

The day has arrived. Today is my daughter's 13th Birthday. She is now officially a teenager; she will always be my baby girl. It frightens me to death. Her party yesterday was an absolute success and the entire day was one of those rarely perfect days that we experience in life. I got up early, finished the food shopping, picked up the perfect cake, finished the decorating, and then spent a few hours with Whitney shopping and hanging out. When we arrived, she saw the cars and asked, "...well what is this a family reunion?" to which I replied, "No silly, it is your surprise birthday party that you thought we were having." The look of surprise, satisfaction, and amazement on her face was purely priceless. It showed me that while she may have been on to us, she wasn't absolutely sure and it hit her head on when it actually happened. Definately a success.

For the sake of my personal history, here are the attendees; Whitney, Grandma T, Jason, Richard, Dalia, Steve, Lisa, Keith, Lovina, Starla, Mykala, Mykenzie, Fabran, Janet, David, Betty, Ryan, Kelley, Brady, Esther, Christopher, Ervin, Cameron, and Moose Dog.

The day's activities included the traditional cookout and birthay party things. We also spent a great deal of time outside as the weather was beautiful. The quad runners had their share of use with everyone taking several rides. I even herded (sp?) the cattle in for dad on one with Starla on the back. The most unexpected moment occurred when Aunt Lovina and Mom sped up the drive on Keith's quad runner and bolted off into the field to look at Steve and Lisa's home. It is fully staked out now and the digging is supposed to start on Monday! They are very excited.

The day ended with a personal best return to DC. I made it from Whitney's house in 5:45. This is 20 minutes faster than my previous record of 6:05. There were no cops, perfect clear weather, little construction, and the traffic was so light I thought I was the only car for most of the ride. It is so nice to drive at night instead of during the madness of the day and all the summer vacation crazies going across the world.

Timmy clearly had fun too. I won't go into details, but I collected him from a friend's livingroom floor, covered in puke, and barely recognizing his own name when I got home. No judging...it was allegedly a great party, Pride Holiday Parade, festival, and bar night. They didn't make an appearance at Anna's party crawl which truly surprised me.

I should say I won't judge unless he is incapacitated for the day and unable to participate in today's Sunday Funday to celebrate my birthday. I sent an email to my boss and requested tomorrow off. I didn't originally think I'd need it, but I am tired. Tired and very thirsty.

No comments: