Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dam Vegas

I intended to make this post on Sunday, but didn't get around to it. Angel, Tim, and I went out to Lake Mead on Sunday afternoon and took a tour of the Hoover Dam. This was probably the highlight of the trip! We drove to the AZ side and took a bunch of pictures, then came back to the visitor's center on the NV side. We paid for the tour to go down to the generators and through the tunnels and elevators in the dam. It was awesome! I wanted to take the $39 helicopter ride over the dam, but Tim and Angel would have nothing to do with it.

Tim went home on Monday and I laid by the pool and then had a beer ($1.50) at a bar down the street from the hotel. I took a long nap until my boss got here and then had a few drinks with him. I spent all day Tuesday and this morning at the round table discussion for work and am now getting packed up to head to the airport. We had dinner last night at Envy which was a phenominal restaurant. Overall it was a great trip for work and fun, but I am anxious to get back to the office and buckle down on all of our projects. I'm also tired of losing money in the slot machines :-)

No comments: