Monday, June 05, 2006

Nearly lost belongings

Such a lovely day. I have a manager on vacation which translated into a 12 hour day in which I accomplished little. It is amazing how one can work continuously and diligently yet accomplish nothing on the really important "to do list."

I had fun yesterday at a friend's 35th birthday party. However, I was sitting in the back yard when I got this really strange feeling. I ran to the front of the house just in time to see three nasty teenagers with a cable cutter trying to steal my Vespa. Needless to say I am reminded how I should not leave personal posessions out of site when visiting East Shaw. Perhaps these thoughts of wanting a house will be replaced with the reminder how nice it is to live in a doorman building with a safe and secure garage. Fortunately I scared them off. I felt really butch and really angry. Not sure why I didn't take a pic with my camera phone.

On the train listening to good music - A Lover I Don't Have To Love. The song scares me because I don't believe it yet I feel it move me as a painful truth coming from deep within. I wish I was already in bed. At least I'm back inside the District. I hate working in VA.

No comments: