Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eartha made the list!



Here's an advertisement for my newest toy.  I absolutely love Eartha. She's a 2011 Honda CR-Z EX  and takes me back to the late 80's & early 90's when I owned both a CRX and later a CRX-SI.  In fact, yesterday, I might have flashed back to 20+ years ago and blared Vanilla Ice and Janet Jackson all the way home from work.  Frightening, yes, but it sure made me smile (and probably several other commuters watching me rap in rush hour traffic!) The new CR-Z went on sale in the USA on August 24th but Eartha moved into our garage early on August 20th!  Connections Baby!

Despite all the hullabaloo about the CR-Z being impractical, not green enough, not fast enough, and essentially not a CRX, it is possibly one of the most fun vehicles I've owned.  It is exciting to see Cars.com included it, along with several other past wheels, on the Top 10 Fun to Drive cars.  Here's some other lists with cars from my past...

Cars.Com - Top 10 Fun to Drive Cars
Mazda Miata
Honda CR-Z
Mini Cooper
Mazda CX-9 (we had a CX-7, but it's close)

Car Talk - The Ultimate Gay & Lesbian Cars
Saab 900
Mazda Miata
Jeep Wrangler
VW Beetle


Fenuxe - Top 7: Gayest Cars
Mini Cooper
Mazda Miata
VW Beetle
Subaru Wagon (Yes, I was a lesbian in college with my canary yellow wagon)

Gaywheels.com - Ten Most Researched Rides
VW Beetle
Mercedes C-Class

Summary; the gay and sporty cars end up in our garage!  In fact, many of these have been here more than once (Even the Subaru Wagon; Timmy & I both had one in the early 90s.)  I should put together a car family tree...we've owned over 30 cars between the two of us.  Hard to believe since we're only 26!  I wonder if I should tell my Sister about this?

No comments: