Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Past, Present, & Future

Past

Today I am Remembering E-Ball. I miss her terribly. I thought last year on this day that I felt this way because it was the first year. The second anniversary is just as painful and not a solid moment of sleep all night thinking about her. Let's all remember to love each other and show it every day because we don't know what the next day holds. RIP Erica Ball.

Today was also Timmy's Dad's Birthday; it may be a tough memory filled day for him too.

Present

Now that the past is out of the way, I thank Bosox Siobhan and Blood Killer Death Man for supplying perhaps the very happiest memories to balance out this day. They are amazing friends and I love them both very much. Today they will become Mr. & Mrs. and I am thrilled! What a wedding day: Seven Eight Nine!

In my crazy night of sleeplessness, I actually dreamt I was there and the JP was counting ballots because the people of Salem had taken a vote to approve their marriage. She gave up after going through a stack of unanimous yes votes and switched to a verbal vote asking for the Yay's and the Nay's - thankfully there were two of us there to vote and we screamed out, "YAY." The Yays had it and you were married. Odd - I know. Cheers to you both and many more years of happiness!

Future

While I'm certainly wishing the Boston Steamers a happy future, I am taking a very public step with my own. I did it last year for five months and it is time to do it permanently. I became a non-smoker this morning. There, I said it out loud. I quit. While I've tried the pills, the potions, the rationing, and every other method, I think willpower and determination are what allowed me to be successful for five months last year. I have willpower and will use Twitter as my crutch. If you follow me, now might be a good time to turn off mobile alerts as I plan to tweet in lieu of toking the Parliament Lights.

1 comment:

BoSox Siobhan said...

Thanks Jay!
I wish you the best of luck in your not smoking endeavor. Give Timmy a hug for me.