Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July! We are getting ready to attend a family reunion that we haven't been to in many many years. I am most excited about seeing my Great Aunt Vania! Here's a snapshot from last night's fireworks.
Mom, Whitney, Keith, and I got great seats in Bicentenial Park. While we weren't in the middle of the action, we were appropriately positioned for a good view and a quick escape. Despite the torrential rains that filled the day, we only felt a few sprinkles on the walk and it stayed dry until we got back to the car after they were finished!
As usual, Columbus outdoes itself every year with a giant festival and amazing fireworks display. I don't have my trusty Mac with me to upload the video to Youtube, but I did capture the finale and may add it later. Here is someone else's video, but it doesn't do the finale justice.

3 comments:

A Special Friend said...

Why for do they do fireworks not on the 4th of July? Is Columbus on a special calendar?

BoSox Siobhan said...

Happy Independence Day to you, friend.

Vespa Jay said...

No Special, it is brilliant if you think about it. The fourth doesn't always fall on a weekend and if we went out on the evening of the actual holiday, we'd be hung over for work the next day.