Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Finale

Mother's Day is finally over. It was a long, fun, rain filled day. Here's a brief synopsis.

8:30 AM - Get up and ready!

10:00 AM - Pick up Mom & Dad for Church. The sermon was about Charlatan preachers selling "Prosperity Gospel." Actually a decent perspective on it.

11:55 AM - Arrive at Bob Evans with 17 family members. Who goes to a restaurant, that doesn't take reservations, with 17 people on Mother's Day? We divided and conquered. Eli's family of 7 took one area, Esther's family of 5 took another (they scored Grandma,) and my baby Bro, Keith, and I sat with my parents.

12:00 PM - The Sheriff's Department responds to a 9-1-1 call at my parent's house. Apparently the lightning storm took out a telephone pole back the road and knocked out their landline. During the madness, their phone mysteriously dialed 9-1-1, but nobody was home. The neighbor, James, contacted my brother via cell phone to see if anyone was in the house when nobody answered the door. Not sure why they didn't just walk in...I doubt the door was even locked.

3:30 PM - Hang out with Steve & Lisa and meet her new pets, Smelia & Mimmick. They are rather shy and a-scared of the humans right now, but unbelievably adorable. If it wasn't rainy and gross, I would have tried to play with them, but they were all wet.

6:00 PM - Pick up my Mom from a Tupperware party / Bridal Shower for my cousin's fiance. I guess it is the latest trend to have parties and buy things for the bride instead of bringing useless gifts. I was judged by my Aunts for showing up at a girls only party, but I had to collect Mom or she would have been there all night. Yes, I did buy two items of Tupperware for myself; none for the bride...I wasn't invited.

7:30 PM - Cookout at Steve & Lisa's house. We had a great meal and then settled by the fireplace for some casual conversation. Dad and Moose were tired and apparently a little bored as we posed for the picture above. Lisa must have taken 30 shots, but we had the giggles like we were 12 years old and couldn't get a good posed one. This one makes me smile.

The most notable conversation revolved around Keith's relationship prospects. Mom apparently has a good one for him, but he didn't "do anything with the last one she introduced him to," so she's not sure how she should introduce him to this one. We had to explain that, no matter how perfect a girl may be, it is never cool for a Mom to play matchmaker. Keith offered to go back and "do something" with the last one if that was all Mom expected. I'm not certain she got it, but the rest of us were howling.

No comments: