Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Weekend


This was perhaps the most poorly planned holiday weekend ever. I declined multiple graduation/birthday invitations. My cousin's wedding was the top choice, but my daughter decided she didn't want to go with less than 2 weeks notice. Four Ohio friends made plans to visit and then canceled at the last minute. With a one day notice, I didn't have time to rearrange travel to NY or OH for the things I originally should have done.

SALVATION! My friend Merritt and I were chatting and discovered his weekend plans also fell through; we decided to relax the weekend away in Phoenixville. Timmy worked Saturday and we arrived last night for a chill evening. We shopped downtown at Hipster Home; just wait till you see the 'accessories' I've purchased for the Joan Crawford night! The evening ended with a group meal preparation in his gourmet kitchen.

After a few martinis, we went to bed early for a Saturday. While everyone else is still sleeping, my insomnia forced me up at 5:30 this morning. Today's agenda is very loose which generally cultivates the most fun. I'm especially looking forward to our ethnic breakfast plans! Hopefully I'll remember to mobile blog the adventures...it's turning into a fabulous holiday weekend after all!

Old Post Updates...Remember the half marathon? I also received the video and added it to the finish line post. Click over and take a peek if you need a good laugh.

No comments: