Saturday, April 29, 2006

Choices

Friday I spent 20+ minutes deciding whether to drive, ride, or take the train to work. I checked my calendar to see what time I'd be coming home, checked the weather to see if it would rain and how warm it would be, and I thought about how much gas was in each vehicle. In fact I grabbed my helmet and different keys twice. I became very frustrated making this simply irrelevant decision. If I had to rely on one form or another, my life would be simpler.

Choices in life. Religion comes to mind. Why do people surrender their lives to pre-set / pre-planned choices? Is it for salvation? Is it because they don't have to make up their mind and need the roadmap highlighted for them like a pre-Interweb AAA TripTik? Don't do this 'act' because it is a sin and will delay your trip by three hours. Stop at this little triangle to camp and this picnic table to pee. 14 hours and we'll be home.

Is religion a crutch or way to cling on to something of value; an excuse for a miserable existance to explain problems away. Instead of working to make a better life, do people reach out to the teaching of Jesus, Muhammed, or whoever to worship any one or group of gods? This may have an impact, but it really comes down to limiting the confusion of choices; how we want to get from life to death. Have you bought the Nav for your life? It's pretty difficult to remove it if you did / leaves a giant hole in the dashboard. Now try putting one from a Lexus into a Mercedes...

Hmmm.

No comments: