Friday, August 26, 2011

I Heart Del Shores

I fell in love with Sordid Lives many moons ago in Fort Lauderdale at a local theatre putting on unknown independent films.  I thought it was hardly independent with stars like Delta Burke, Leslie Jordan, Olivia Newton-John, Beau Bridges, and several others!  After waiting YEARS for it to be released on DVD, I've purchased six copies of this fantastic film. The first three were borrowed and never returned, the fourth was trapped in a friend's trunk after a car accident and the fifth I have in my collection.  The love for Sordid Lives has extended to literally every friend who's been introduced.  I was compelled to buy another DVD tonight, merely for the purpose of getting a signed copy.

Long story short....you know my stories never are, I became infatuated with Jason Dottley by following Del Shores.  Yes, I have a boyfriend, yes, I know it's a school girl crush, yes I know he's married, but I'm allowed at this age to have one or two of those .  Jason played Ty on the Logo series of Del's great film and he's subsequently made some very fun music

Tonight, despite the attitude at Town, I met them both!  It's been a great day and I am a bigger fan of Del Shores than I've ever been before.  I won't spoil the show, but my favorite line was related to co-dependency....the performance was brilliant and took me back to my non-instrumental Christian roots.  I wish I knew about it further in advance so I could have enjoyed it with a large group of friends.  Fortunately, my hot single (call me if you want his number) bestest of friends joined me for the show!  Fun times in DC!

There may be only 8? shows left on this ~40 show tour, but if you can catch it, it's worth your time!  I'm not a film critic, I won't generate crowds with my 2 blog followers, but I can tell you that it's worth the price of admission!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just read your post about our show!! glad you liked it... re: the attitude at Town.. you should have seen the fight that happened after the show between myself and one of their staff members. It ended with the guy in tears. They were so mad at us for letting you guys in BEFORE 9pm (umm showtime!). They said we embarassed them as a result. It was redic. They've always had major attitude and as much as I love the venue I will never go back to Town again. They mistreated you guys and then got in our grill (I love saying that)... at any rate, thanks for coming and thanks for putting up with the attitude... all my best
jason