Sunday, December 12, 2010

To tree, or not to tree?

I had BIG plans last year!  The theme color was red; I purchased several new ornaments and enough sequined and sparkly fabric to cover all the throw pillows red.  This is apparently the only (blurry) picture I took of the tree since I only blogged a pic of one ornament.  I ultimately ran out of time and didn't sew the pillows.  These crafty projects always sound like a great idea but take longer than I'd like.  For example, I finished the hat and ONE leg warmer for my friend's 40th Birthday party in 2007.  The other...it's about 3 inches long.  I suppose she could use it as a bracelet and keep one leg warm at a time?

I have no motivation this year, not even enough to start decorating.  Is that terrible?  Is it necessary to do it every year?  I just don't feel like traveling across the city to the storage bin and dragging everything out.  Decorating alone takes 4 trips total for set up and tear down.  I think I'll be a scrooge for 2010.

Other news...The movie night page is updated.  We're still missing several historical details.  If you have any recollection of the film and/or food from the missing dates, please let me know!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: