Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Prefer Waffle House


According to the DCist, an IHOP is being considered for Columbia Heights. While I realize not everyone can afford breakfast at Commonwealth or The Heights, I too am a bit disappointed that a chain is the solution. Why can't we get a Mom & Pop type breakfast joint/diner with affordable prices? Of course in Columbia Heights it would more likely be a Pop & Pop joint! I supposed the rents and economic risk make start-up costs prohibitive.

None will be haters when partaking of the $4.99 all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at 4 AM. I know a few of you who put on your head scarves slip into Ruby Tuesday a la Anastasia Beaverhausen for some cheap & guilty pleasures...I predict you'll be the same folks up in the IHOP.

Many are weighing in on the subject (see below)...frankly, I prefer Waffle House.
- IHOP is Headed for Columbia Heights; The end is near - 14th & You
- Give me pancakes or give me death! or at least give me something else equally as high-brow - The Anti DC

Disclosure: I've NEVER stepped foot in the Columbia Heights Ruby Tuesday with or without Cynthia & Rita Jean.

1 comment:

Vergie Bridges said...

We risk social suicide (or tastebud necrosis) for those we love.