Friday, September 26, 2008

Clarification & Speculation


I received several questions on my vague, but ecstatic Facebook message. If you haven't yet joined the throngs of middle aged Facebook addicts, please SIGN UP today! Vergie was also clearly confused by yesterday's blog post. Here's some clarification:

I knew Baby Lisa & my Brother's summer visit to wine country was fun based on their pictures and tales of holiday adventure. I didn't realize exactly how fun it was until the call came on Wednesday that they are expecting a visitor arriving approximately 9 mos. after said visit. While they didn't tell me "when" they placed the call to the Stork, and frankly I would never ask, it would be unlike me not to speculate here. I've included a map in this post for those who need clarification. A map of the location, not the ... you know "act" of calling the stork. If you need instructions on that subject, go to the Goat for details in her recent post. I discourage, however, actually making a baby with a stranger using her method intended for pleasure only.

As I stated on Facebook, "Jason > Ecstatic about the BIG news." While I am referred to as "Uncle Jay" by quite a few of my friend's children, this is my first opportunity to be a biological Uncle. I didn't realize how happy this would make me and how schoolgirl giddy I am about this next step in their lives. Kudos for doing it just the way it should be done...they've started their lives with amazing global travel and adventures, finished their educational endeavors and graduate degrees, entrenched themselves in fantastic careers, built a mansion to house their family, and now they will have an beautiful baby. While they've received judgement for not being knocked up right after the wedding like so many rural kids, they've now proven the fact that not everyone needs to spend life making minimum wage, living in a trailer home, and struggling, just for the sake of having a family (or not understanding the option of birth control as Governor Palin would prefer.)

I am so proud to be their sibling and am absolutely certain they will be the best parents ever. I can't wait to spoil Baby H. My only question, How will Moose handle giving up his role as only child?

Have a great Friday!

No comments: