Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Copper Slippers

Why are the most comfortable, most appropriate shoes the ugliest? T2 and I braved the elements and rode Ms. V up to Fleet Feet in Adams Morgan for a new pair of running shoes. The place is great. While I didn't do any preliminary research and paid nearly full price, I have fantastically comfortable running shoes. Considering the condition of my last pair, there was no time to buy online and the experience made it worthwhile.

I didn't realize Fleet Feet was a National chain, but didn't mind considering it throws some dollar bills at the Fenty family. They suggested multiple pair based on my pronation, my running habits, and the wear pattern on my current shoes; I was able to do an outdoor test run in each pair (the best part.) I settled on these beauties. Yes, they are obnoxiously metallic. Please help find copper and/or silver metallic running shorts to complete my ensemble. T2 & Timmy don't think these are a good idea.

Watch out BloodKillerDeathMan...the heat is on for our 1/2 marathon training! See you in Nashvegas!

No comments: